Utility Scale Solar, Simplified
The SunPower® Oasis® Power Plant has dramatically simplified large-scale solar.
A typically time-consuming, complicated process has been streamlined with our modular Oasis power blocks.
A Finely Tuned System
The SunPower Oasis power plant is a fully-integrated solution built with cost-optimised power blocks seamlessly integrated into a turnkey energy solution. High-density, SunPower power blocks are designed to maximise energy output and follow the contours of your land for optimal energy production.
Oasis 1.5-MW Power Blocks come in a variety of configurations yet maintain standardisation in engineering, procurement and installation.
SunPower Oasis Components:
- SunPower C1 Single-Axis Tracker
- Smart Inverter Station
- Standard DC Electrical
- SunPower Tracker Monitoring and Control System
Oasis Accelerates Energy Delivery
Lowest Annual System Output Degradation
The most comprehensive degradation study ever done: More than 800,000 panels from over 400 monitored inverters across 144 sites*
- *. Romero, Ralph, et al. “Review of SunPower Fleet-Wide System Degradation Study using Year-over-Year Performance Index Analysis,” Black & Veatch Eng., Nov. 2012.
Proven Worldwide Experience
SunPower has designed and installed solar power plants all around the world.
- Over 1.5 GW of Oasis C1 systems operating, in construction, or under contract
- Over 1 GW of trackers in commercial operation
- Over USD $6 billion of financed projects with SunPower trackers
- Investment-grade rating (Aa2) for Montalto Power Plant from Moody’s*
Some of our projects include:
- 1 MW Uterne power plant, Australia
- 579 MW Solar Star Projects, US
- 250 MW California Valley Solar Ranch, US
- 125 MW Quinto solar project, US
- 100 MW Henrietta solar plant, US
- 84 MW Montalto Power Plant, Italy
- 33 MW Herbert & Greefspan Power Plant, South Africa
- *. Investment grade rating for Montalto project bond, Italy, Dec 2010.
Robotic Cleaning Reduces O&M Costs
- 90% Less Water - Only ½ cup of water used per panel Vs. 5 cups of water per panel using manual cleaning methods.
- 75% Faster - Six megawatts cleaned in one eight-hours shift with a three-person team vs. 24 hours for the same size team using manual cleaning methods.
- Cleans at Night - Avoid disruption during daytime energy-producing hours.
Plant Availability: 99%
In data collected between June 2009 and June 2012, SunPower utility scale power plants delivered more than 99% availability,* ensuring that our utility power plant customers get the energy delivery they expect from their solar power plant.
- *. 284MW monitored across 16 SunPower Plants Source: BEW/DNV Engineering, "Availability Evaluation Report," Jan 2013. Requires on-site O&M staff.